Job DescriptionDepartment: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Generalist
Job Type: Full-time
To contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and
non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
The Human Resource Coordinator is expected to ensure that Human Resource policies and procedures are properly interpreted, efficiently implemented and that all federal, state and local laws and statutes, as they relate to Human Resource practices are adhered to.
This position will support the Senior Human Resource Generalist in various functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for payroll and assist in training departments.
- Assist in recruitment of personnel at all levels.
- Arrange and direct new employee orientation.
- Conduct exit interviews, where applicable, for all terminating employees.
- Maintain necessary turnover statistics.
- Implement, coordinate, monitor and assist with the presentation of training programs.
- Provide interpretations to management personnel in compliance with corporate discipline policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and counsel to employees, group leaders, and management with respect to in-house training, outside courses, procedures, benefit coverage, etc.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date confidential employee files.
- Maintain current organizational charts for the company according to the established procedures,
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are being enforced.
- Interface with various agencies such as Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, EEOC, etc.
- Ensure Time and Attendance is accurately updated and calculated.
- Ensure that all aspects of his or her area of responsibility are in full compliance with the quality system in place at the operation at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all federal state, and local government regulations as they relate to the Human Resource functions.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere in the plant, which will foster an “open door” policy to improve employee communications and satisfaction.
- Executes other duties as directed by the Senior Human Resource Generalist.
- Promote good communication and cooperation.
- Maintain positive habits and attitudes.
- Teamwork Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office and a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts in the manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis position is Monday through Friday, with hours to be determined. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
TravelTravel may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Business, Human Resources, or Social Science or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Payroll and benefits administration experience
- Microsoft Office, SAP and ADP
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or Social Science
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must relate and interact with people at all levels of the Company.
- Must be flexible and have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Work Authorization/Security ClearanceMust have working documents to work in the United States.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination or harassment in the workplace. YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight, height, familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.back to careers